- Before starting work, measure the room(s) carefully, calculate the area of the target surfaces and buy 10% more material than is theoretically required, with a sufficient supply of the primer, adhesive, pointing compound and impregnant.
- If you need to install corners, purchase 5% more material than you have calculated. If you buy all the material you need at once, you can be sure the tile and joint color will be consistent.
- The variation of colors within a single box is intentional as it adds a natural look to the façade. Take tiles from a few boxes one by one to distribute tile tints evenly.
- Ambient temperature during, and within 48 hours after, the application should not be lower than +5oC.
- Please read the instruction from the package before proceeding with work.
- WARNING: STEGU shall not be liable for any consequences of incorrect tile application and all claims involving sizes or colors ‘as laid’ are expressly excluded.
- All the target surfaces should be correctly conditioned. They should be strong enough, uniformly textured, even, dry and free from any loose material, residues of paints, antiadhesive agents and grease.
- Prime the target surface with, for instance, the STEGU PRIMER.
- Start lying the tiles from corners or most prominent places, avoiding forced cuts and joints on surfaces that you want to look perfect.
- Remove the gypsum efflorescence created by the manufacturing process using a spatula, wire brush, scrubbing brush or similar tool.
- Start the bonding from the bottom, resting the first row of tiles on the surface. If there is no even and horizontal support for tiles, mount a reference leveling screed on the wall using a mason’s level and a rule on a height not exceeding the height of a single row of tiles above the floor or ground. It is best to offset one row of tiles vs. the rows beneath and above (to avoid aligning the tiles/joints vertically).
- Apply the POWERELASTIK or GIPSOLEP adhesive by following the instruction provided on the adhesive package.
- You can cut tiles with a wood- or metal-cutting saw.
- Once done, impregnate the tiles with the STONE CARE for easier tile cleaning in the future. It is best to impregnate the tiles after 14 days from the bonding.