- Before starting work, measure the room(s) carefully, calculate the area of the target surfaces and buy 10% more material than is theoretically required, with a sufficient supply of the primer, adhesive, pointing compound and impregnant.
- If you need to install corners, purchase 5% more material than you have calculated. If you buy all the material you need at once, you can be sure the tile and joint color will be consistent.
- The variation of colors within a single box is intentional as it adds a natural look to the façade. Take tiles from a few boxes one by one to distribute tile tints evenly.
- Ambient temperature during, and within 48 hours after, the application should stay within the +5oC to +25oC range.
- Because some information may not apply to certain tile types, please read the instruction from the package before proceeding with your work.
- WARNING: STEGU shall not be liable for any consequences of incorrect tile application and all claims involving sizes or colors ‘as laid’ are expressly excluded.
- All the target surfaces should be correctly conditioned. They should be strong enough, uniformly textured, even, dry and free from any loose material, residues of paints, antiadhesive agents and grease.
- Prime the target surface with, for instance, the STEGU PRIMER.
- Due to the shape of the tile, you can start lying tiles from any place, but it is best to start from corners or most prominent surfaces.
- The tiles come in a few sizes. They are packed in boxes, in tile sets of identical area coverage but differing in tile surface texture.
- The tile surface to be bonded has to be cleaned of efflorescence created by the manufacturing process with a spatula, wire brush, scrubbing brush, or similar tool.
- Take tiles from a few and lay them, leaving the space for joints.
- Apply the MULTIELASTIK or ELASTIK adhesive by following the instruction provided on the adhesive package.
- You can cut tiles with a diamond disk or a stone-cutting disk.
- Once the adhesive is fully set, (after 14 from tiling the whole façade) apply the joint to grooves between the tiles in accordance with the instruction printed on the joint package. Slightly concave surface of the joint will look best.
- It is best to joint each wall in whole on the same day to ensure that the color is consistent or in the same weather. The joint requires at least 21 days to reach its full strength (see the instruction on the joint package).
- Once done, impregnate the tiles with the STONE CARE for easier tile cleaning in the future. It is best to impregnate the tiles after 14 days from the bonding.